To preserve the historic and residential character of the Fisher Park neighborhood, and to work with the City of Greensboro to maintain the scenic park for the benefit of the general public.
preserving our past -- embracing our future
Fisher Park Neighborhood Association P.O. Box 2004 Greensboro, NC 27402 www.fisherparknc.org
Fisher Park Neighborhood
Enjoy photos of neighborhood events of recent years, some neighbors who live here, and photos of renovated neighborhood homes.
This story-book home on Magnolia Street was built in 1917. It is listed in the National Registry for Historic Places. During 2000-2001 the Lajeunesse family accomplished a complete restoration, removing aluminum siding, and the exterior was restored to its original design. We've heard this house is known as "Nonny's House" and there is a replica of it at the Greensboro Children's Museum." The home is currently owned by Michael and Tara Brady.
The Carlson-Latham House at 605 N Church St is currently owned by David and Janet Craft. The home was built in 1911-12 by a New England Architect name Fisher (no relation to Captain Fisher) for his new bride. But a few months before completion Mrs. Fisher passed away and the home was not occupied. It was sold to local Chiropractor Carl Carlson, son-in-law to Lunsford Richardson of the Vicks Corporation. The Carlsons moved in during the 1920's and over time the house was occupied by several families until the Lathams purchased the house in the early 1950's. Allie Latham lived here until the late 1970's. The Floras family began a renovation in the early 1990's and then sold the house to the Barnes. David and Janet Craft accomplished additional renovations and improvements. This is a County Landmark property known best for it's front porch, beveled stained glass, and extensively landscaped lot.
Austin George tells us he purchased this expansive house at 1119 Virginia Street through a foreclosure auction in 2009. His enhancements include a new roof, paint, chimney resurfacing, front door stripping to expose the original wood, and much more inside. A landscape make-over will begin this spring! The original owner of this colonial revival style home, built between 1920-25, was C.S. Harrison, President of Harrison Printing Company. See our website's Historic District page for a listing of many Fisher Park original home owners.) Thank you to Austin George for sharing pride in his refurbished classic Fisher Park home!
Matthew Thomas of West View Acq. LLC, a division of the Edgewater Group Inc., purchased this run down, ivy-covered 112 East Hendrix Street house which for decades had been rented as duplex apartments. Employing Green Point Home Services, he successfully returned this property to attractive single family residential use! The left half of the house was slowly sinking due to the weight of the upstairs bathrooms. Among many renovation enhancements, the house now has totally new electric services, plus fine touches such as contemporary late-1800's-era push button light switches. A new brick driveway with sod placed down the middle appropriately reflects a typical early 1900's landscape. Today the house is rented as a single family residence. Matt shares "It was an awesome house to restore and it was great having all the neighbors visit when we finished."